Monday, October 22, 2007

Paradise Found


Hola Familia!

After years of searching I finally got my hands on a comprehensive Chilean cook book. It is called Three Generations of Chilean Cuisine by Mirtha Umaña-Murray. In this book Mirtha shares the recipes handed down for generations through her family. The book is full of really great information about the country and interesting historical facts as well as cute little stories about her family. I bet many of these recipes will bring back warm memories for all of you.

Carley got so excited to see all of the De La Fuente family recipes represented in the pages. Now I've really got my work cut out for me....learning Spanish online and learning to cook the traditional Chilean recipes from this book.

As we combed the pages with our mouths watering, we started thinking how great it would be to share these recipes with family and friends and present it in a way that we can share feedback and alterations. This blog seems like a good place to start. If you can find a copy, I highly recommend it but until then, here are a few recipes hand picked by my resident Chilean cuisine expert...your Carlonchi.

I will be posting as many of the recipes as I can in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more recipes...I can't wait to hear your feedback and hints for cooking all of this wonderful food.


With love,
Nina